Friday, December 4, 2009

Working on Photos

This year has swirled by like a whirlwind. I simply cannot believe it is already December... The days are getting shorter, it is getting darker out earlier and the extreme cold is coming. It is hard to stay motivated when it looks like 10pm at 4pm - especially when it comes to taking photos!

Since the days are dark by the time I get home from my day job, I have to find a way to take photos without natural light. I have always used natural light and the Macro setting on my Canon SD750 for taking photos of my jewelry, however, they never seemed crisp enough and rarely showcased the beautiful sparkle and faceting of the gemstones. I have a couple lamps with daylight bulbs I have been experimenting with; different positions, pointed at the wall to refract light, using a diffuser, different backgrounds, etc, etc. Here are a few of my most recent items and photos....
Fog - AA Chalcedony Spiral Briolette and Oxidized Sterling Silver Necklace
Galaxies - Prehnite Dew Drops and Oxidized Sterling Silver Earrings

Mandarin Orange - Mandarin Garnet and Sterling Silver Necklace

1 comment: