Monday, September 21, 2009

Fun, Food, Family

Today is my dads 60th birthday! Happy Birthday, Dad! To celebrate his birthday, we had a family gathering with lots of food and fun!

When our family gets together it seems like we always make way to much food. For our small gathering I brought pork tenderloin (which I won on $1.00 at the local meat raffle - SWEET!), and fruit pizza per my dads request!

I was a little leary of cooking the pork. Normally me + pork = dry meat you cant chew enough and wash down with any amount of water! Thank God for allrecipes.com is all I have to say. I found and easy recipe which I tweeked a little and the tenderloin turned out FANTASTIC! Needless to say it was a hit and is now the meat of choice for all our family gatherings!

The fruit pizza bars is also the new birthday cake for our family. So easy, and yummy! Very refreshing after a good hearty meal!

Here are some pics and the recipe!

1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 8oz container whipped topping
1/4-1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Fruit of choice - I use strawberries, blueberries and kiwi
Either a pizza crust or 9x13 shallow pan
Spread the dough in the ungreased pan getting all the way to the edges. Bake cookie dough until the edges are just turning golden brown. Remove from over and cool a few hours or overnight.
Mix the softened cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar until well mixed. Spread over cooled crust.
Top with fruit!



























No comments:

Post a Comment